With high school athletics set to begin in the Gulf Coast 8 Conference in less than two weeks (Sept. 21), the league — comprised of the public schools in Citrus and Hernando counties — released on Monday a set of COVID-19 rules that will be in place for fans and media.
Listed below are the policies and procedures in place to help keep everyone safe. They are subject to change and will be adjusted as necessary.
* Seating capacity at games will be limited to 25% maximum capacity.
* All game tickets and football parking will be sold in advance through HomeTown Ticketing digital ticketing platform. Please go to individual school’s websites for the link to purchase your tickets.
* Live streams of most home athletic events will be available for a fee. Please go to individual school’s websites for links to individual events.
* Tickets will be authenticated at the gate of the venue, before admission. Please have your digital or paper ticket with you for authentication.
* Passes will not be accepted. This includes FHSAA passes, CCSB and HCSB badges.
* First graders and up will be required to pay for admission.
* In the event a contest is canceled due to COVID-19 related issues, in lieu of a refund, the fan will receive a complimentary ticket to a future event that has not reached capacity or a refund for the face value of the ticket only (service fees will not be refunded).
* No outside food or drink can be brought into the venue.
* Concession stands will be limited to the sale of pre-packaged food and drink.
* Concession sales will still be cash only.
* Media should contact the home school’s athletic director in advance to be admitted to the game (no later than morning of the game).
* Media must remain in the designated media area during the game (end zone).
* Pre or postgame interviews will not permitted. Please make arrangements with coaching staff to conduct interviews by digital means.
* Spectators should not enter the event if they are ill, have a fever or are experiencing any of the COVID-19 related symptoms listed by the CDC.
* Properly worn face coverings are required at all times when on school board property.
* Spectators are to remain in designated seating areas, sit only in designated rows and maintain social distance as much as possible. Sitting together in a family unit or pod is permitted. Children must be seated in the stands with their parents.
* Spectators may not congregate in any area including concessions, walkways, hallways, common traffic areas, fence lines or courtyards.
* Spectators are restricted from locker room areas, competition areas and from visiting with any athletes or game personnel, before during or after events.
* At the conclusion of the competition, all spectators should immediately leave the venue. Student/athletes will meet parents at their vehicles if parents are providing transportation.