Michael D. Bates
Michael D. Bates has been a reporter with the Citrus County Chronicle since 2015. He covers topics from government to tourism to transportation. However, it is Mike's coverage of local business that Chronicle readers most enjoy. Michael can be contacted at 352-563-3205 or email@example.com.
Find a local business
County commissioners are considering a proposed ordinance that would set boat ramp fees of $10 per day, a $25 annual pass for county residents and $50 annual pass for anyone living outside of the county to launch any type of boat transported by trailer. How do you feel about the proposed fees?
Most read stories
- Publix accepting online vaccine appointments starting Wednesday
- Half a century after Florida barge canal project was axed, some still ponder its meaning
- Deputy shoots, kills man armed with knife
- Divided board backs mixed-use plan for Cardinal
- More COVID-19 vaccinations offered by the Department of Health in Citrus County
- Seniors get another chance Friday to sign up for Publix vaccine
- Dunnellon man dies from vehicle collision; FHP arrests CR man for DUI at crash scene
- ALDI to open store in Dunnellon in 2021
- Republicans losing members in wake of Capitol attack
- COVID-19 fears lead to official's resignation