Just as the community pulled together to collect much-needed supplies for earthquake-ravaged Haiti, the call is going out for similar help for the people of Louisiana who were hit hard by Hurricane Ida.
Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 7, through Friday, Sept. 17, donated supplies (see list below) can be brought to four locations:
• The New Church Without Walls at 300 N. Kensington Ave., Lecanto, next to the Holiday Inn Express, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Patriot Sporting Goods at 760 W. Hampshire Blvd., Citrus Springs, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phone: 352-527-1205.
• Patriot Automotive at 982 Hartshorn Lane, Holder, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phone: 352-897-4981.
• Nature Coast Church, 5113 S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phone: 352-628-6222.
The United Way of Citrus County is collecting monetary donations. To donate, go to their website at www.citrusunitedway.org or their Facebook page United Way of Citrus County.
You can also text a donation: Text CCHelpNOrleans to 41444.
Here’s a list of supplies needed:
• Air mattresses.
• Baby food/formula/diapers.
• Bug spray.
• Garbage bags.
• Hand sanitizer.
• Medical supplies.
• Mosquito nets.
• Non-perishable food.
• Paper plates/towels.
• Personal hygiene.
• Tarps and tents.
• Trash bags.