Citrus County has nine qualified applicants wanting to be the county’s new emergency management director.
Interviews will start next week, said Col. Elena Vitt with the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office. Capt. Troy Hess with the sheriff’s office is the interim director.
A hiring committee will recommend the best candidates to Citrus County Sheriff Mike Prendergast, who will make his selection and bring it to county commissioners for final approval.
The salary range is from $58,968 to $90,854.
Here’s a look at the applicants:
• Erik English, from Citrus Springs. Retired this year from the U.S. Navy. His most recent position was medical and occupational health team leader.
• David Ladomirak, from Brevard, Florida; Present job: representative and law enforcement officer with the Launch Emergency Operations Center of the U.S. Coast Guard.
• Sarah McCumber, from Dumfries, Virginia; Present job: lead emergency management specialist with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
• Shayla Prezas, from Tampa; Present job: Emergency management coordinator for St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa.
• Amanda Woodward, from Lecanto; Present job: Emergency preparedness program manager for the Florida Department of Health in Lecanto.
• Jeffrey Wright, from Delta, Colorado; Last job (2020) Regional field specialist for the State of Colorado Emergency Management — a temporary COVID-funded position.
• Robert Sullivan, from Ocala; Present job: Special needs coordinator with the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.
• John Molenda, from Sorrento, Florida; Last job (2016-21) deputy county manager in Tavares, Florida.
• Elizabeth Medina, from Beverly Hills; Last job (2019-21) Vice president of military & defense for Enterprise, Florida.