Citrus County’s total number of COVID-19 cases neared closer to the 3,000 mark as another October week began.
According to the Florida Department of Health’s (FDOH’s) coronavirus dashboard on Monday, Oct. 12, 2020, 2,950 locals have tested positive for the contagious respiratory disease.
It’s an increase of 104 since a week ago on Oct. 5, at an average of 14.85 cases a day. There was an average of 14.57 cases a day during Sept. 28-Oct. 5.
COVID-19 hospitalizations went up 12 since Oct. 5 to a total 307. Deaths also increased eight to 118.
Citrus County’s Cumulative rate of positive coronavirus test results on Monday was at 10.76%, up from the 10.59% reported Oct. 5.
Locals between the ages of 15 and 64 have accounted for 67% of total cases, people from 45 to older than 85 years old made up 90% of hospitalizations and those from 65 to over 85 accounted for 86% of deaths, according to FDOH.
Long-term care facilities in the county have documented a total 530 cases, up 12 since Oct. 5.
Like it showed on Oct. 5, FDOH reported Monday a total 61 cases for inmates housed at correctional facilities within the county, and for staff who live locally but could also work at an outside facility.
Here are the number of COVID-19 cases ranked by Citrus County’s 15 zip codes:
- 34452 (Inverness, Floral City, Inverness Highlands North and Inverness Highlands South): 537, an increase of 15 since Oct. 5.
- 34465 (Beverly Hills, Black Diamond, Citrus Springs, Lecanto and Pine Ridge): 295, up seven.
- 34461 (Black Diamond, Citrus Hills, Homosassa Springs, Lecanto, Pine Ridge and Sugarmill Woods): 287, up 10.
- 34446 (Homosassa, Homosassa Springs, Lecanto and Sugarmill Woods): 255, up 15.
- 34453 (Inverness, Citrus Hills, Hernando, Inverness Highlands North and Lecanto): 241, up one.
- 34429: (Crystal River, Ozello, Homosassa Springs, Lecanto and Black Diamond): 219, up five.
- 34442 (Citrus Hills, Citrus Springs, Hernando, Lecanto and Pine Ridge): 198, up eight.
- 34428 (Crystal River, Red Level and Inglis): 189, up four.
- 34434 (Dunnellon, Citrus Springs, Hernando and Pine Ridge): 185, up three.
- 34450 (Inverness and Inverness Highlands South): 136, up eight.
- 34436 (Floral City): 122, up six.
- 34433 (Dunnellon, Citrus Springs and Pine Ridge): 121, up eight.
- 34448 (Homosassa, Homosassa Springs, Sugarmill Woods, Lecanto and Crystal River): 121, up six.
- 34445 (Holder, Citrus Springs, Hernando and Pine Ridge): Five, no change.
- 34449 (Inglis and Yankeetown): Less than five, no change.