The YMCA has stated a dedication to providing high-quality before and after school care.
As the nation's largest provider of school-age programs, the YMCA provides family-centered programs to nurture children's healthy development.
The service consists of affordable programs for parents or guardians who work, currently offered in all 11 Citrus County elementary schools. Children will receive a healthy snack, homework assistance and participate in science, art and sports activities.
Following guidance from the CDC, safety accommodations for participants in the YMCA Before and Aftercare program include the following:
- Temperatures are taken before morning programs. For the safety of others in program, those running a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher cannot attend.
- Face coverings are required for staff and participants indoors.
- Access to hand washing and ample hand sanitizer, especially when entering program, before snacks and after restroom use.
- Y staff will teach and encourage good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Significant disinfecting of supplies and activity areas throughout the program.
- Spaced out activities to practice safe social distancing when possible.
At this time, the Y is experiencing an increased demand for services at select schools. For more information about a career with the YMCA or to register for a program, visit ymcasuncoast.org or call 352-500-9622.