Almost 30% of Citrus County's residents have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as the county's number of infections surpassed 10,800.
According to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) on Monday, April 26, a total 43,399 locals received their complete series of vaccinations out of the 58,756 who’ve been inoculated.
To preregister for a COVID-19 vaccine with the state health department, visit myvaccine.fl.gov.
FDOH officials on Monday also documented 10,886 cases of the novel coronavirus for the county — an increase of 168 transmissions since April 19, at an average 24 cases a day.
Citrus County’s 7-day average positivity rate of new COVID-19 cases for its Florida residents was at 7.43%, down from the 8.34% average reported April 19.
Health officials want to keep positivity rates — the number of positive results out of total test results — below 10%.
Also, over the week for the county, the FDOH recorded 13 hospitalizations and four more deaths from COVID-19. As of Monday, there’ve been 704 hospital admissions and 438 deaths from the illness.
COVID-19 data from the FDOH is subject to change as epidemiological investigations reveal new information on cases.
A Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) report from Monday stated Citrus County had 17 people in hospitals with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, up from the 16 who were hospitalized April 19.
There were also 28% of hospital beds available Monday in the county, according to the AHCA, and 28% of local adult intensive care units were open.
Since starting school Aug. 20 for the 2020-21 school year, the school district recorded 744 COVID-19 cases — 208 staff, 536 students — as of Monday, an increase of 46 since April 15.
Here are the number of COVID-19 cases reported April 26, ranked by Citrus County’s 15 ZIP codes:
- 34452 (Inverness, Floral City, Inverness Highlands North and Inverness Highlands South): 1,228, an increase of 27 since April 19;
- 34461 (Black Diamond, Citrus Hills, Homosassa Springs, Lecanto, Pine Ridge and Sugarmill Woods): 1,163, up 12;
- 34465 (Beverly Hills, Black Diamond, Citrus Springs, Lecanto and Pine Ridge): 1,132, up 12;
- 34446 (Homosassa, Homosassa Springs, Lecanto and Sugarmill Woods): 1,084, up 21;
- 34442 (Citrus Hills, Citrus Springs, Hernando, Lecanto and Pine Ridge): 994, up nine;
- 34429 (Crystal River, Ozello, Homosassa Springs, Lecanto and Black Diamond): 899, up eight;
- 34453 (Inverness, Citrus Hills, Hernando, Inverness Highlands North and Lecanto): 767, up 12;
- 34428 (Crystal River, Red Level and Inglis): 686, up 11;
- 34434 (Dunnellon, Citrus Springs, Hernando and Pine Ridge): 681, up seven;
- 34448 (Homosassa, Homosassa Springs, Sugarmill Woods, Lecanto and Crystal River): 587, up 14;
- 34450 (Inverness and Inverness Highlands South): 572, up four;
- 34433 (Dunnellon, Citrus Springs and Pine Ridge): 414, up two;
- 34436 (Floral City): 405, up seven;
- 34445 (Holder, Citrus Springs, Hernando and Pine Ridge): 12, no change; and,
- 34449 (Inglis and Yankeetown): seven, up one.