SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Health officials in San Francisco and six other Bay Area counties announced Monday that they are reinstating a mask mandate for all indoor settings as COVID-19 infections surge because of the highly contagious delta variant.
MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian ambassador to the United States says Washington has ordered 24 Russian diplomats to leave the country by Sept. 3, a move that comes shortly after the U.S. said it laid off nearly 200 local staffers working for its diplomatic missions in Russia.
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A Sudanese official says local authorities in Kassala province have found around 50 bodies, apparently people fleeing the war in neighboring Ethiopia’s Tigray region, floating in the river between the countries over the past week, some with gunshot wounds or their hands bound.
ROME (AP) — The governor of the area including Italy’s capital, Rome, sought on Monday to assure residents that a powerful hacking intrusion into the region's website, into its second day, won’t interrupt COVID-19 vaccinations.
BERLIN (AP) — A German-Italian woman has been charged with espionage on suspicion of being an informant for Chinese intelligence for several years, German prosecutors said Monday.
NIAMEY, Niger (AP) — Jihadi rebels in Niger attacked a military supply mission in the West African country's southwest killing at least 15 soldiers and injuring seven others, the Ministry of Defense said Monday.
Find a local business
Most read stories
- 400 D.A.B. workers lose their jobs
- D.A.B. closing, road projects stopped
- D.A.B.: State's actions a 'deathblow' to business
- Man strikes woman with car at Dunkin Donuts
- Commissioners surprised by D.A.B. closing
- Citrus man attacks RV trailer trying to pull victim through window
- Citrus County Chronicle July 28, 2021 e-edition
- Postscript: Lynda Simmons cared for, fed anyone and everyone she could
- Board sinks protections for homeowners against rowdy boaters
- Death closes Crystal River park; CCSO suspects drug overdose