Citrus County Blessings is soliciting donations of nonperishable food to send home with children in need.
Food donations may be made at any time at one of several local businesses that collect donations for Citrus County Blessings. Collection sites include:
- Anytime Fitness at 345 E. Highland Blvd. in Inverness and at 723 U.S. 19 in Homosassa
- The Church of Christ at 8599 E. Marvin St. or Floral City Library at 8360 E. Orange Ave. in Floral City
- The Citrus County Tax Collector’s office at 1540 N. Meadowcrest Blvd. in Crystal River and 210 N. Apopka Ave., Inverness
- KC Wine and Coffee Bar, 1801 U.S. 19 Ste. 513, Crystal River
- Nature Coast Bank, 2455 N. Citrus Hills Blvd., Hernando
- Regions Bank at 3719 County Road 491, Beverly Hills, 6730 State Road 44, Crystal River, and 800 W. Main St., Inverness
- Suncoast Credit Union, 517 NE Fifth St, Crystal River, and 2367 State Road 44, Inverness
For a complete list of locations, visit www.citruscountyblessings.org.
The organization is currently looking for the following donations:
- Breakfast items: oatmeal packs, breakfast bars, single-serving cereal boxes
- Fruit: fruit cups, applesauce cups, fruit snacks, fruit pouches, packs of raisins
- Meats: pop-top cans of meats, cans of tuna or foil packs of tuna Entrees: ramen noodles, pop-top cans of pasta, mac and cheese cups, pop-top cans of soup
- Other: pudding cups, cracker packs, peanut butter jars, juice boxes
For information, contact Citrus County Blessings at email@example.com or by calling 352-341-7707.