There’s possibly no stronger force on earth than the prayers of women -- something happens when women pray.
On Saturday, Feb. 15, women across the nation will be gathering to pray, along with a livestream national broadcast, about the serious matters that break their hearts and destroy families and communities.
The local prayer event begins with registration at 11:15 a.m. at Hills Campus-Cornerstone, 2 Civic Circle, Beverly Hills.
The event, open to all women, is from 11:40 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a break from 1:45-2:15 p.m.
A light snack will be provided.
Seven prayer themes will be covered, with personal stories from women who lived through challenging circumstances and found comfort and victory through prayer. They are:
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression/Sheila Walsh;
- Choose Life and Forgiveness – Emphasis on foster and adopt/Claire and Barbara Culwell;
- Healing of Abuse and Trauma/Trafficking survivor Christa Lynn;
- Prayer for Military Wives/Megan Brown;
- LIVE at Bellevue Baptist in Memphis for Race Relations/Priscilla Shirer, Donna Gaines;
- Praying for our Children and the Next Generation/Carol Kent; and
- Healing of Marriage Betrayal and Porn Addiction/Melody and Tray Lovvorn.
“I don’t think there is anything more powerful than a praying group of women in one mind, one spirit, focused on gaining victory over challenges of an ever-changing world,” said Daneen Horne, Women’s director at Hills Campus-Cornerstone. “We’ll come together before the throne of God praying his word, believing and expecting him to do great and mighty things.”
Elicia Kuhl, from Eden Baptist Church in Brooksville, said this will be a healing time for many women who are burdened.
“I believe it will be a cleansing (time) for many to lay their and their families' burdens down to loving and capable God,” she said, “with the added understanding that there are thousands of women praying for a joint purpose at the same time all over the country, coast to coast.”
For more information, call Daneen Horne at 910-583-6553 or Elicia Kuhl at 352-697-0356.