Each month we spotlight upcoming events. Here are a few activities to enjoy during July:
- The Inverness Patriotic Evening is Wednesday, July 3. The fireworks display will begin at 9 p.m. in the city of Inverness.
- VFW Post 4252 will host a “Bell Ringing” on July 4 at the post, 3190 State Road 200, Hernando. Call 352-726-3339.
- VFW Post 4864 will celebrate July Fourth at noon with a luncheon, which is free for children younger than 10 years of age. The post is at 10199 N. Citrus Springs Blvd., Citrus Springs.
- Crystal River Boom Town Over the Bay is from 5 to 10 p.m. July 4, at Kings Bay Park, 268 NW Third St., Crystal River. There will be a free concert, food and games, with fireworks at 9 p.m. Call 352-795-4216.
- VFW Auxiliary 7122 will host its annual Back-to-School Fundraiser for Floral City Elementary School children in need of school supplies from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 6, at the post, 8191 S. Florida Ave., Floral City. Call 352-637-0100.
- The Crystal River American Legion will host a breakfast to benefit veterans and community programs from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Sunday, July 7, at the post, 6585 W. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Crystal River. Call 352-795-6526.
- The Key Training Center’s “Reach For the Stars Dinner and Auction” is Friday, July 19, at the Chet Cole Life Enrichment Center, 5521 W. Buster Whitton Way, Lecanto. Call 352-795-5541, ext. 312.
- The Homosassa Lions Club will host a yard sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday, July 26 and 27, at the clubhouse, 3705 S. Indiana Terr., Homosassa. Diabetic screenings will be available. Call Lion Ross at 352-628-5860.
- Free children’s immunizations will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. beginning Monday, July 29, at the Florida Department of Health, 3700 W. Sovereign Path, Lecanto. Go online to www.CitrusCountyHealth.org.
- Citrus Parks and Recreation will sponsor a Summer Open Mic Night from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, at the Central Ridge Community Center, 77 Civic Circle, Beverly Hills. Call 352-527-7540.
Ruth Levins participates in a variety of projects around the community. Let her know about your group’s upcoming activities by writing to P.O. Box 803, Crystal River, FL 34423.