Get active with the Kings Bay walkers
Residents are invited to join the free, educational and engaging Kings Bay Walking Club that takes place from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Saturdays. The group meets at the public parking lot at the intersection of NE Fifth St. and NE First Ave. (across from Vintage on 5th).
The Kings Bay Walking Club is lead by Crystal River resident and certified medical exercise specialist and master personal trainer Bill Coyle. He encourages walkers of all abilities to come out and socialize while they exercise.
Weekly wellness tips are offered during the walk. Slower walkers will be given shortcuts. Heavy rain or storms cancel the walk. Light to moderate rain requires a hat.
For information, call Bill at 201-281-4444.
LifeStream offers program for seniors
The Wellness Program for Senior Education (WISE) celebrates aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics.
This free program will take place at Central Citrus Community Center, located in the Citrus County Resource Center at 2804 W. Marc Knighton Court, Lecanto, through July 23 at 1 p.m. and is open to anyone 60 or older.
The educational program offers six sessions that cover a wide variety of topics. Participants will have an opportunity to meet new people and:
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it.
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy.
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently, and how they can avoid problems.
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the health care you receive.
Free refreshments will be served at each session. For more information and to register, contact Gloria Tucci, prevention therapist, LifeStream Behavioral Center, at 352-267-2035 or 352-527-5942.
Tai chi classes at Central Citrus
For a fun-loving experience in learning basic tai chi, come join in classes with Elaine at the Central Citrus Community Center in Lecanto, every Wednesday from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Classes are free, all are welcome.
Yoga classes in Chassahowitzka
Yoga classes are from
10 to 11:15 a.m. Wednesday mornings at the Chassahowitzka Community Center, 10300 S. Riviera Drive (old firehouse).
Call Ann Sandstrom at 352-382-7397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Strong Women’ at Central Citrus center
“Strong Women” floor exercises are especially for women age 55 and older. Hand weights are used (note: cans of veggies can be used and weigh about 1 pound), wear loose-fitting clothing you can move in. Wear shoes that will stay on your feet (again, that you can move in), or go barefoot, if you wish.
Offered at 10:30 a.m. every Monday at the Central Citrus Community Center, 2804 W. Marc Knighton Court, Lecanto. Questions? Call Diane McConnell at 352-270-8050 for information.
Yoga in Old Homosassa
The Old Homosassa Learning Center Yoga class offers weekly classes. Classes are $5 and open to all residents. For information, call 352-628-9333.
- Monday and Thursday at 9 a.m., yoga with Michelle DiDomenico.
- Wednesday at 10:30 a.m., body sculpting with Michelle DiDomenico.
- Tuessday at 10 a.m., Zumba with Nadeen Horak.
Free tai chi at Central Citrus
Would you like to improve your life? This is a benefit of doing tai chi.
John Read, tai chi instructor, has classes to teach and understand tai chi. The classes are free. They are: Tuesdays from 9:30-11 a.m. for long form; Wednesdays from 9:30-11 a.m. for short form/beginners.
The classes are held at Central Citrus Community Center in the Citrus County Resource Center, 2804 W. Marc Knighton Court, Lecanto. For more information, call 352-527-5993.
Zumba classes at Unity of Citrus
Zumba classes for beginners are offered at 11 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Unity Church, 2628 W. Woodview Lane, Lecanto.
Email email@example.com or call 352-419-7337.
Reiki circle gets together at library
The Reiki Healing Circle meets from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesdays each month at the Homosassa Public Library. Everyone is welcome and it is free.
Call Kristie at 352-628-1936 for more information.
Free classes at Yoga/Reiki Center
The Yoga/Reiki Center, 1015 E. Norvell Bryant Highway (County Road 486), Hernando, offers free classes.
- Monday, 10 a.m., chair yoga with Aviva
- Monday, 4 p.m., yoga with Aviva
- Tuesday, 10 a.m., tai chi form with Linda
- Tuesday, 2 p.m., reiki (by invitation only) with Connie and Rick
- Tuesday, 3:30 p.m., qigong with Gina
- Wednesday, 9 a.m., stretching with Linda
- Wednesday, 1 p.m., spiritual development classes with Miriam (call for details)
- Wednesday, 4 p.m., light yoga with Cathy
- Wednesday, 7 p.m., reiki (by invitation only)
- Thursday, 10 a.m., chair yoga with Helen
- Thursday, 1 p.m., book club with Sheila
- Thursday, 4 p.m., yoga with Aviva
- Friday, 10 a.m., meditation with Kathy
- Friday, 11 a.m., conversational Spanish with Gina
- Friday, 2 p.m., reiki (by invitation only) with Connie and Rick
- Friday, 7 p.m., reiki (by invitation only)
- Saturday, 10 a.m., yoga with Aviva
We support the Citrus County Family Resource Center. Donations of nonperishable foods are welcome. Over the past 12 months, we have donated 12,000 pounds of food.
For information: yoga and tai chi call Aviva: 352-419-7800; reiki call Connie: 352-560-7686; spiritual development class call