Quitting tobacco isn’t easy, but finding help should be.
Tobacco Free Florida offers free tools and services to help you get started, with Quit Your Way.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, quitting is more important than ever for your health and peace of mind. Get the support you need from the comfort of your own home.
Participants will receive nicotine replacement patches, gum or lozenges, if medically appropriate; must be 18 or older. They will also receive a workbook and materials, which more than doubles your chances of success.
Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center and Florida Health continues its free virtual Tools to Quit classes this month:
- Tuesday, Sept. 15 — 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, Sept. 17 — 10 a.m. to noon
- Friday, Sept. 18 — 1 to 3 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 21 — 6 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 — 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 — 1 to 3 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 25 — noon to 2 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 28 — 6 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 — 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 — 1 to 3 p.m.
Register by calling 813-929-1000; preregistration is required. You will be emailed a link to join by Zoom conference via video or audio.
Tools to Quit will provide you with information about the effects of tobacco use, the benefits of quitting and will assist you in developing your personal quit plan.
Cessation groups cover all forms of tobacco.
For more information, visit www.tobaccofreeflorida.com/quityourway.