Tai Chi at Whispering Pines
Tai chi (Yang-style short form) is a soft martial art exercise practice done standing and moving the entire body to help improve balance, strength and mental concentration. Tai chi is known to help ease the aging process and overall health.
The Yang style is the most popular and it consists of slow continuous, soft and circular movements that are coordinated with breathing. Tai chi is a great exercise of body and mind for all ages.
Join instructor Elaine Seissler every Monday morning from 9-10 a.m. at Whispering Pines City Park in the large pavillion (area B), 1700 Forest Drive in Inverness, to experience this great exercise. Classes will focus on form, no warm-up or chi gongs.
Seissler has been a student of Tai Chi for 11 years and has been instructing classes for 8 years.
There is no fee for the class. All are welcome.
Tai chi at Central Citrus
For a fun-loving experience in learning basic tai chi, come join in classes with Elaine at the Central Citrus Community Center in Lecanto, every Wednesday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Classes are free, all are welcome.
Yoga classes in Chassahowitzka
Yoga classes are from 10 to 11:15 a.m. Wednesday mornings at the Chassahowitzka Community Center, 10300 S. Riviera Drive (old firehouse).
Call Ann Sandstrom at 352-382-7397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Strong Women’ at Central Citrus
“Strong Women” floor exercises are especially for women age 55 and older. Hand weights are used (note: cans of veggies can be used and weigh about 1 pound), wear loose-fitting clothing you can move in. Wear shoes that will stay on your feet (again, that you can move in), or go barefoot, if you wish.
Offered at 10:30 a.m. every Monday at the Central Citrus Community Center, 2804 W. Marc Knighton Court, Lecanto. Questions? Call Diane McConnell at 352-270-8050 for information.
Yoga in Old Homosassa
The Old Homosassa Learning Center Yoga class offers weekly classes. Classes are $5 and open to all residents. For information, call 352-628-9333.
- Monday and Thursday at 9 a.m., yoga with Michelle DiDomenico.
- Wednesday at 10:30 a.m., body sculpting with Michelle DiDomenico.
- n Tuessday at 10 a.m., Zumba with Nadeen Horak.
Zumba classes at Unity of Citrus
Zumba classes for beginners are offered at 11 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Unity Church, 2628 W. Woodview Lane, Lecanto.
Email email@example.com, or call 352-419-7337.
Free tai chi at Central Citrus
Would you like to improve your life? This is a benefit of doing tai chi.
John Read, tai chi instructor, has classes to teach and understand tai chi. The classes are free. They are: Tuesdays from 9:30-11 a.m. for long form; Wednesdays from 9:30-11 a.m. for short form/beginners.
The classes are held at Central Citrus Community Center in the Citrus County Resource Center, 2804 W. Marc Knighton Court, Lecanto. For more information, call 352-527-5993.
Yoga at Unity
Yoga classes are offered each Thursday at 1:30 p.m. at the Unity Church, 2628 W. Woodview Lane, Lecanto. Classes are appropriate for beginners, seniors and anyone else who wants to increase flexibility, reduce stress and improve overall wellness.
Please bring your mat and two towels or blankets and join us for a gentle practice. For more information, contact Barbara Melanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-513-3068.
Reiki circle gets together at library
The Reiki Healing Circle meets from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesdays each month at the Homosassa Public Library.
Everyone is welcome and it is free.
Call Kristie at 352-628-1936 for more information.
Free classes at Yoga/Reiki Center
The Yoga/Reiki Center, 1015 E. Norvell Bryant Highway (County Road 486), Hernando, offers free classes.
- Monday, 10 a.m., Chair Yoga with Aviva
- Monday, 4 p.m., Yoga with Aviva
- Tuesday, 10 a.m., Tai Chi Form with Linda
- Tuesday, 2 p.m., Reiki ( By invitation only) with Connie & Rick
- Tuesday, 3:30 p.m., Qigong with Gina
- Wednesday, 9 a.m., Stretching with Linda
- Wednesday, 1 p.m., Spiritual Development Classes with Miriam (call for details)
- Wednesday, 4 p.m., Light Yoga with Cathy
- Wednesday, 7 p.m., Reiki ( By invitation only) with Connie & Rick
- Thursday, 10 a.m., Chair Yoga with Helen
- Thursday, 1 p.m., Book Club with Sheila
- Thursday, 4 p.m., Yoga with Aviva
- Friday, 10 a.m., Meditation with Kathy
- Friday, 11 a.m., Conversational Spanish with Gina
- Friday, 2 p.m., Reiki ( By invitation only) with Connie & Rick
- Friday, 7 p.m., Reiki ( By invitation only ) with Connie & Rick
- n Saturday, 10 a.m., Yoga with Aviva
We support the Citrus County Family Resource Center. Donations of nonperishable foods are welcome. Over the past 12 months, we have donated 12,000 pounds of food. For more information: Yoga and Tai Chi call Aviva: 352-419-7800; Reiki call Connie: 352-560-7686; Spiritual Development class call Miriam: 352-527-0984.