Need a dessert that is not only delicious but easy to make? Try this recipe for Cinnamon-Apple Crostata. You'll have a hard time waiting to sink your teeth in to the flaky crust with a burst of cinnamon and apples. Find more delicious dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
- Pie Pastry (we used Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples (4-5 medium sized)
- 1 tsp. sugar (for sprinkling)
- 2 tbs. chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 450°.
- In medium bowl mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in peeled and sliced apples until well combined.
- Place flattened pie crust on an ungreased cookie or pizza sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture onto the center of the crust, spreading the mixture to about 2 inches from the edge of the crust.
- Fold crust over mixture, pleating along the way.
- Brush edges of crust with water.
- Sprinkle sugar over crust and apple mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is a golden brown.
- Sprinkle pecans over apple mixture.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.