There are numerous closings and cancellations related to the virus. Go to the county's website or Facebook page for a total list. Here is a sampling:
• Courts are cancelled through Friday, March 27. The clerk's offie in the Courthouse remains open for first apperances, temporary restraining orders and child pickup orders.
• Bicentennial Park pool remains open; however, lap swim, senior fitness and water aerobics are canceled.
• Fort Island Gulf Beach is closed.
• The Citrus County Fair is canceled.
• The YMCA in Lecanto will close until March 29.
• Southwest Florida Water Management District offices are closed, as are campgrounds.
• Transit services are business as usual.
• Citrus Springs and Central Ridge community centers are closed.
• Parks are open, but games and practices for most organized sports are cancelled.
• Central Citrus, West Citrus, East Citrus and Hernando Area Senior Program daily activities and congregate meals are canceled.
• Citrus County Libraries will be open only to pick up and drop off of library materials. The bulidings will be closed to browsing and public computer use is suspended. Materials can be requested through the online library catalog you'll receive an automated call or email when it is available.
• All Extension Services community events and presentations are canceled.
• The Old Courthouse Heritage Museum is closed.
For more information, go to www.citrusbocc.com