The City of Inverness’ Patriotic Evening is set to light the sky with fireworks at 9 p.m. Wednesday, July 3.
The city’s waterfront parks (Wallace Books, Liberty Trail and Liberty) are closed due to construction. All are encouraged to find a comfortable spot, nook, car seat, boat seat or pub seat of choice to watch the firework spectacular over Lake Henderson.
Parking location options include:
- Boys & Girls Club Ballfield, 401 N. Apopka Ave., Inverness
- Inverness Government Center, 212 W. Main Street, Inverness
- Pine Avenue Municipal Parking Lot, near the intersection of Pine Avenue and Dampier (behind Oscar Penn’s Restaurant)
- Wayside Park, 1010 State Road 44 E., Inverness
Folding chairs and blankets welcome at these locations:
- Cooter Pond Park, 181 U.S. Highway S., Inverness (boardwalk closed)
- Dampier Street will be closed at MLK Avenue to the Withlacoochee State Trail for people to gather.
No alcohol, coolers, canopies, pop-up tents, personal fireworks, bbq grilling or pets allowed. Please be respectful of private property and public spaces when finding your viewing spot.