Love, Lies, and the Doctors Dilemma
The first ‘play’ of the new season a comedy/drama by Michael & Susan Parker, Directed by Larry Mitchell
Performance Dates: Sept 20, 21, 22, 27, *28, 29, Oct 4, 5, 6, 2019
Joan Scheller lives with the great love of her life, Sandy. In an effort to hide her relationship, she introduces him as her psychiatrist. One little white lie leads to another. Before long, Vinny the Enforcer, a quintessential Italian mobster, masquerades as her security guard, while her son, Chris, is forced to wear a dress and become her daughter Christina. Further complications occur when her new neighbor, Rachael, whose life appears to be a series of catastrophes, creates chaos and confusion wherever she goes. “The Doctor” is in. Has Joan created a monster? Everyone wants a session. Olivia wants to discuss her love life, Rachael wants to know why she’s such a disaster, and Vinny wants to discuss his work as an “Enforcer.” Sandy is forced to listen and give misguided advice, which, to everyone’s surprise, seems to work. But what about love? Of course there’s Joan and Sandy, if they can survive Joan’s white lies; then there’s Rachael, who is strongly attracted to Chris, if he can survive her mayhem. Finally, there’s Olivia, who hires Vinny away from the mob to be her personal security guard (With benefits?). Little white lies create mistaken identities and chaos in this enchanting love story.
- Fri, Sep 20, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
- Sat, Sep 21, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
- Sun, Sep 22, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Fri, Sep 27, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
- Sat, Sep 28, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Sat, Sep 28, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
- Sun, Sep 29, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, September 28th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Starting Friday, September 20th, 2019, repeated every week on Friday and Saturday until Saturday, October 05, 2019 @ 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Starting Sunday, September 22nd, 2019, repeated every week on Sunday until Sunday, October 06, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Open Monday - Friday, 1 to 4 pm and one hour before showtime. A community art center supporting both community theater and the visual arts. The Art Center campus consists of two buildings, a 200 seat theater and arts and education building.