Join the Citrus County Chronicle from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, as they host CRAVE, a culinary extravaganza featuring four celebrated chefs.
The event is being staged at Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church, 4705 W. Gulf-to-Lake Highway in Lecanto.
Each chef will create a special dish of their choosing in front of a live audience.
General seating for the event is available first come, first served.
In addition to the chef presentations, the event will have food and holiday gift giving vendors, recipe cards, a cookie bake off and sushi demonstrations.
The event is free to attend, however, attendees can bring a nonperishable food item to donate to the Citrus County Community Food Bank.
The cooking schedule is as follows:
• 12:15 to 1 p.m. — Chef Michel Martin of Bleu Basil in Ocala, will prepare Sweet Potato Stuffed Ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis Sauce. Martin trained at the Culinary Institute of America.
• 1:15 to 2 p.m. — Chef Wallace Phaire Jr. of Wallace’s at the Greenhouse Bistro in Homosassa, will prepare Goat Cheese & Turkey Tamales with his Secret Guajillo Cranberry Sauce. Phaire was professionally trained at Johnson & Wales in Providence, Rhode Island.
• 2 p.m. — Cookie Judging Starts.
• 2:15 to 3 p.m. — Chef Paul Gummerson of Plantation/West 82 Bar & Grill in Crystal River, will prepare Pan Seared Florida Grouper with Smoked Gouda Grits 7 Tomato Bacon Gravy. Gummerson got his culinary start during an apprenticeship at The Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs.
• 3 p.m. — Cookie winners announced.
• 3:15 to 4 p.m. — Chef Shaneena Tremblay of Queen of Cakes in Crystal River, will prepare Chocolate Cake with Raspberry frosting. Tremblay worked 16 years as a celebrity chef for Wolfgang Puck.
- Occurred Saturday, November 9th, 2019 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm