.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

View topic - How would you save the Marine Science Station?

How would you save the Marine Science Station?

It’s not "Welcome Back, Kotter", but it is a whole lot more local

Move funding from another educational service
25%
Increase advertising for out of state enrollment
50%
Impose a county wide educational tax
13%
Eliminate local bus routes
13%
All of the above
No votes
None of the above
No votes

Total votes : 8

Postby EricB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:04 am

As the Chronicle recently published, the Marine Science Station is in danger of shutting down.We as citizens and parents cannot and should not stand for this misguided attempt to trim the school budget. I know the school systems across the state have taken a big hit this year as budgets are being trimmed. But funds need to be allocated to keep this Citrus County landmark in operation. It is so important I cannot even begin to say what would lie ahead for this counties educational system if this institution were to fail.

Our natural resources are what made this county what it is--it's out heritage. Even if you weren't born here, it's still your duty as a resident to preserve the culture and ways of life that make this area diverse. They don't call it the Nature Coast for nothing.

What solutions can we generate as a collective, right here in this forum, and then beyond, to generate the revenue to keep this most important educational tool alive?

I will create another poll and welcome all votes and suggestions as to what you as an individual or collective think about this ordeal. I ask all posters on this thread to act academic and polite to each others suggestions and ideas--no one here is right or wrong.
EricB

Return to Schools News