- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Domestic battery arrest
* Michael Hill, 24, of Crystal River, at 4:45 p.m. Aug. 20 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery.
* Michael Medina, 36, of Beverly Hills, at 8:01 p.m. Aug. 17 on a felony charge of burglary with battery. His bond was set at $25,000.
* Nicolle Couture, 27, of South Desoto Street, Beverly Hills, at 4:49 p.m. Aug. 18 on a felony charge of grand theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Couture is accused of stealing a Samsung cell phone valued at approximately $699. Couture was reportedly a guest in the victim’s home at the time the phone went missing. Couture was already in custody on unrelated charges at the time of her arrest, and reportedly confessed to the crime during an interview at the Citrus County Detention Facility. Her bond was set at $1,000.
* Derek Kelly, 28, of Inverness, at 5:43 p.m. Aug. 18 on a felony charge of child abuse without causing great bodily harm. According to Kelly’s arrest affidavit, Kelly admitted to investigating officers that he struck the victim with two separate belts, resulting in welts and bruising.
* Lance Tarantino, 42, of South Swan Terrace, Homosassa, at 1:13 p.m. Aug. 19 on misdemeanor charges of tampering with a utility fixture and petit theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Tarantino is accused of illegally turning the electricity back on to his apartment after Withlacoochee Electric had turned it off for a bounced check. He reportedly allowed a friend to remove the plastic boots that were put on the terminal posts of the meter.
* Kimberly Ripp, 44, of East Stage Coach Trail, Floral City, at 1:14 p.m. Aug. 20 on an active Hernando County warrant for violation of probation stemming from an original charge of driving with a suspended license.
* James Waddell, 27, of West Cardinal Street, Homosassa, at 9:46 p.m. Aug. 20 on an active Bleckley County, Georgia, warrant for felony violation of probation, stemming from an original charge of terrorist threats and acts, making him a fugitive from justice. Waddell was held without bond for extradition to Georgia.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A residential burglary was reported at 5:26 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, in the 8500 block of W. Mayo Drive, Crystal River.
* A residential burglary was reported at 8:54 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, in the 9000 block of E. Orange Ave., Floral City.
* A residential burglary was reported at 6:16 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 1100 block of N.E. First St., Crystal River.
* A burglary to a structure was reported at 9:31 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, in the 3800 block of S. Pleasant Grove Road, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 1:28 a.m. Monday, Aug. 18, in the 6800 block of S. Dove Drive, Floral City.
* A petit theft was reported at 6:39 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 8700 block of N. Vero Terrace, Dunnellon.
* A petit theft was reported at 10:41 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 3100 block of S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 4:21 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 7000 block of W. Village Drive, Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 6:16 p.m. Aug. 18 in the 4400 block of S. Rainbow Drive, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, in the 7400 block of E. Broyhill Place, Inverness.
* A petit theft was reported at 10:03 a.m. Aug. 19 in the 300 block of N. Suncoast Blvd., Crystal River.
* A petit theft was reported at 12:57 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 4800 block of E. Spruce Drive, Dunnellon.
* A petit theft was reported at 1:04 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 3900 block of S. Swan Terrace, Homosassa.