- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* Prakash Rambaran, 40, of Homosassa, at 11:39 a.m. Aug. 11 on a misdemeanor charge of battery. His bond was set at $2,000.
* Brian Szx Cephas, 54, of South Suncoast Boulevard, Homosassa, at 1:50 p.m. Aug. 11 on felony charges of grand theft, and scheming to defraud. According to his arrest affidavit, Cephas is accused of stealing rolls of lottery tickets on approximately 14 different occasions from the Kangaroo Express in Crystal River where he was employed. Each roll contains 30 tickets valued at $20 each for a total loss of approximately $8,800. He would reportedly take a roll, activate it and then remove it from the store. Cephas reportedly claimed he won approximately $600 from the scratch off-tickets, cashing them in at various businesses in the area. His bond was set at $4,000.
* Candice Christian, 19, of North MacDill Avenue, Tampa, at 6:14 p.m. Aug. 11 on a misdemeanor charge of petit theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Christian is accused of shoplifting a candle warmer, candle wax, and a package of hook and loop sanding disks with a total value of $23.03 from the Lecanto Walmart. Her bond was set at $500.
* Laura Elliott, 45, of West Yulee Drive, Homosassa, at 11:59 p.m. Aug. 11 on misdemeanor charges of possession of cannabis, and knowingly driving with a suspended license. According to her arrest affidavit, Elliott was questioned in the RaceTrac parking lot concerning an alert put out on a white van. A database search revealed her license was suspended and Elliott left on foot after deputies confiscated her license. Deputies spotted Elliott driving the van a short time later. A small baggie containing approximately 6.5 grams of marijuana was found in her possession during the arrest. Her bond was set at $1,500.
* Thomas Hale Jr., 23, of Homosassa, at 12:39 a.m. Aug. 11 on a felony charge of abuse on an elderly person or disabled adult. His bond was set at $2,000.