- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* Sabrina Thomas, 22, of West Heritage Drive, Homosassa, at 11:40 p.m. Aug 5 on an active Marion County warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from original charges of grand theft and burglary. Thomas turned herself in to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office.
* Christopher Leslie, 18, of North Briarcreek Point, Homosassa, at 7:48 p.m. Aug 4 on a felony charge of grand theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Leslie is accused of stealing a red 2001 Honda four-wheeler with an estimated value of $2,500. Leslie reportedly stole the same four-wheeler from the victim in March and that case is scheduled to go before the court this week. His bond was set at $2,000.
* Dakota Stevenson, 21, of South Elm Avenue, Homosassa, at 2:24 p.m. Aug 4 on a felony charge of extortion. He was also charged with felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of child abuse. Stevenson’s bond was originally set at $50,000, but later denied with the violation of probation charge.
* Eamon Melaugh, 24, of East Sage Street, Inverness, at 4:16 p.m. Aug 4 on an active Alachua County warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from original charges of resisting an officer with violence and resisting an officer without violence.
* Michelle Ward, 38, of North Scenic Way, Crystal River, at 4:50 p.m. Aug 4 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of retail grand theft. Ward turned herself in to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office and was released on her own recognizance.
* Alane Montgomery, 48, of Crystal River, at 3:08 p.m. Aug 4 on a felony charge of grand theft. Her bond was set at $2,000.
* John Fitzgerald, 42, of East Lemon Street, Beverly Hills, at 10:39 a.m. Aug 4 on misdemeanor charges of knowingly driving with a suspended license, and resisting an officer without violence. According to his arrest affidavit, deputies attempted to pull over Fitzgerald after seeing him spin out at an intersection in Beverly Hills. Fitzgerald reportedly drove to his residence, then jumped out of the vehicle and fled on foot. He later turned himself in. Fitzgerald’s bond was set at $1,000.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A residential burglary was reported at 11:01 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, in the 4500 block of W. Homosassa Trail, Lecanto.
* A vehicle burglary was reported at 12:17 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 6200 block of W. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Crystal River.
* A grand theft was reported at 6:53 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, in the 1900 block of S. Sioux Road, Homosassa.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 11:54 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 16000 block of W. Fort Island Trail, Crystal River.
* A petit theft was reported at 5:02 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 1900 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Lecanto.
* A vandalism was reported at 10:57 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, in the 200 block of W. Main St., Inverness.