- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Domestic battery arrest
* Steve Beard, 51, of Dunnellon, at 11:06 p.m. July 31 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery.
* Josephine Weston, 78, of Debra Street, Inglis, at 12:40 p.m. July 31 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of felony petit theft. She was transported to the Citrus County Detention Facility from the Levy County Jail.
* Cheryl Martin, 35, of West Cardinal Street, Homosassa, at 4:10 p.m. July 31 on a felony charge of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud or deception. According to her arrest affidavit, Martin is accused of changing the quantity of her prescription for Percocet from 20 to 120. The pharmacist from the Inverness Walmart reportedly contacted deputies after a doctor confirmed the quantity was incorrect. Martin’s bond was set at $2,000.
* Michael Hill, 24, of Rock Crusher Road, Crystal River, at 4:53 p.m. July 31 on a misdemeanor charge of retail petit theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Hill is accused of shoplifting an LG ultra slim portable DVD writer from the Lecanto Walmart. He reportedly took the item out of its original packaging and hid it in his pants. Hill’s bond was set at $500.
* Travis Whatley, 25, of South Monroe Street, Beverly Hills, at 6:47 p.m. July 31 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of possession of a firearm or ammunition by a convicted felon. Whatley was already in custody at the Citrus County Detention Facility at the time of his arrest.
* Joshua Ellis, 37, of South Iroquois Avenue, Homosassa, at 6:47 p.m. July 31 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of battery on a law enforcement officer.
* Joshua Lewis, 27, of North Hajik Path, Lecanto, at 5:57 p.m. July 31 on misdemeanor charges of retail petit theft (second offense), and resisting a merchant after a theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Lewis is accused of shoplifting multiple food items valued at $37.16 from the Lecanto Walmart. Lewis reportedly entered the connected Subway and sat and ate the food and drank a red bull, then exited the store, making no attempt to pay for the food. His bond was set at $2.000.
* Larry Wilson Jr., 37, and Carrie Starkweather, 27, of Pasco County, at 3:52 p.m. July 31 for felony retail theft. Wilson also faces an additional charge of felony retail theft, felony possession of a controlled substance, and misdemeanor drug paraphernalia. According to their arrest affidavits, the two are accused of shoplifting two televisions and two speakers with a total value of $1,402 from the Inverness Walmart. Walmart was able to provide deputies with the tag number and description of the vehicle the pair left in and deputies pulled them over a few minutes later. A K-9 alerted to possible drugs in the vehicle and methamphetamine and a glass pipe were found in Wilson’s possession. During questioning, deputies discovered that Wilson had reportedly shoplifted from the same Walmart the night before. He is accused of stealing a television, a vacuum cleaner and a speaker system with a total value of $775. Both Wilson and Starkweather reportedly claimed that Starkweather’s main role was to be a lookout. Starkweather’s bond was set at $2,000, while Wilson’s bond was $7,000.
* Dawn Pacheco, 39, of Southeast 201 Street, Inglis, at 7:24 a.m. Aug. 1 on a felony charge of uttering forged bills. According to her arrest affidavit, Pacheco is accused of stealing a check, forging the amount and attempting to cash it at the SunTrust Bank in Meadowcrest. She reportedly fled the bank while the teller was working on confirming the signature. Her bond was set at $2.000.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A vehicle burglary was reported at 5:22 a.m. Monday, July 28, in the 3700 block of E. Nugget Lane, Inverness.
* A vehicle burglary was reported at 9:36 a.m. July 28 in the 300 block of N.E. Second St., Crystal River.
* A residential burglary was reported at 7:18 p.m. July 28 in the 3000 block of N. Oakland Terrace, Crystal River.
* A residential burglary was reported at 12:56 a.m. Thursday, July 31, in the 2100 block of W. Greenway Place, Dunnellon.
* A petit theft was reported at 10:05 a.m. Monday, July 28, in the 8000 block of E. Gobbler Court, Floral City.
* A grand theft was reported at 11:24 a.m. July 28 in the 2800 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 2:21 p.m. July 28 in the 5400 block of W. Amman St., Dunnellon.
* A petit theft was reported at 9:02 p.m. July 28 in the 6800 block of W. Ray Court, Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 2:43 p.m. Thursday, July 31, in the 2400 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A petit theft was reported at 4:10 p.m. July 31 in the 1900 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Lecanto.
* A petit theft was reported at 5:19 p.m. July 31 in the 1900 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Lecanto.
* A vandalism was reported at 12:14 p.m. Monday, July 28, in the 800 block of W. Main St., Inverness.