- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* Hunter Ward, 24, of Northeast Ninth Street, Crystal River, at 2:51 a.m. July 9 on an active Sacramento, California, parole violation warrant. Bond was denied.
* Robert Williams, 32, of Inverness, at 3:56 a.m. July 9 on felony charges of possession of a controlled substance and grand theft. According to records, deputies were at the Withlacoochee River in Dunnellon investigating an anonymous complaint concerning two males who were stealing boat motors. Williams was reportedly spotted by deputies in a canoe with one boat motor attached to the canoe and a 25-horsepower, four-stroke Yamaha outboard motor on the floor of the canoe. A pill bottle containing approximately 0.5 grams of methamphetamine was also found on the floor of the canoe. Deputies investigated the area and discovered the motor had been stolen off a jon boat that was found drifting in the river. Bond was denied.
* Jaclyn Richard, 23, of South Jackson Street, Beverly Hills, at 8:50 a.m. July 9 on an active warrant for felony robbery by snatching. Bond $5,000.
* Paul Xenphon, 32, of East Millside Lane, Inverness, at 9:46 a.m. July 9 on an active warrant for fraudulent use of a credit card. Bond $4,000.
* Lelton Barron, 29, of West Renee Lane, Homosassa, at 1:06 p.m. July 9 on a felony charge of uttering counterfeit currency. According to his arrest affidavit, Barron is accused of using a counterfeit bill to purchase a phone card at Walmart. During the investigation deputies discovered he was also being investigated by the Dunnellon Police Department. He reportedly confessed to two counterfeit cases in Citrus County and one in Marion County. Bond $2,000.
* Madalene Drew, 22, of East River Moon Court, Inverness, at 12:50 p.m. July 9 on an active warrant for a felony charge of scheming to defraud. Bond $2,000.
* Wilton Nova, 28, of North Golfview Drive, Citrus Springs, at 1:53 p.m. July 9 on an active warrant for felony aggravated battery with use of a deadly weapon, and felony burglary with battery. He reportedly turned himself in to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office. Nova was also charged with felony violation of probation stemming from original charges of grand theft and false verification of ownership. Bond $75,000.
* April Weeks, 28, of East Waverly Street, Inverness, at 1:31 p.m. July 9 on a misdemeanor charge of retail petit theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Weeks is accused of shoplifting six T-shirts, valued at $91.23, from the Inverness Bealls. Bond $500.
* Anthony Orsi Jr., 21, of South Columbus Street, Beverly Hills, at 3:15 p.m. July 9 on a charge of felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of burglary to an unoccupied structure. His probation was violated when he was arrested earlier in the day for knowingly driving with a suspended license.
* Jessica Hillery, 32, of South Premiere Avenue, Homosassa, at 10:17 p.m. July 9 on a misdemeanor charge of drug paraphernalia. According to her arrest affidavit, Hillery was pulled over for a faulty tail light. A K-9 unit alerted to possible drugs in the vehicle and a pipe containing cocaine residue was found in her purse. Bond $1,000.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A burglary to a structure was reported at 10:49 a.m. Wednesday, July 9, in the 7300 block of S. Florida Ave., Floral City.
* A burglary to a structure was reported at 4:07 p.m. July 9 in the 7000 block of W. Grant St., Homosassa.
* A residential burglary was reported at 7:51 p.m. July 9 in the 11000 block of E. Salmon Drive, Floral City.
* A petit theft was reported at 12:25 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, in the 2800 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 3:33 p.m. July 9 in the 4800 block of S. Apopka Ave., Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 4:48 p.m. July 9 in the 5200 block of S. Castlelake Ave., Floral City.
* A grand theft was reported at 5:27 p.m. July 9 in the 600 block of W. Wild Pine Circle, Beverly Hills.
* A petit theft was reported at 5:39 p.m. July 9 in the 2400 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* An auto theft was reported at 10:04 p.m. July 9 in the 11000 block of E. Head Court, Floral City.