- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Domestic battery arrest
* Kevin Ruane, 29, of Homosassa, at 1:21 p.m. July 2 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery.
* Robert Fletcher, 24, of West Dunnellon Road, Dunnellon, at 12:10 p.m. July 2 on an active warrant for knowingly driving with a suspended license (second offense). He was transported from the Marion County Jail to the Citrus County Detention Facility.
* Christopher Smith, 29, of East Grantham Court, Hernando, at 10:46 p.m. July 2 on a misdemeanor charge of drug paraphernalia. He was also charged with felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of driving with a suspended license. According to his arrest affidavit, Smith was a passenger in a vehicle pulled over for speeding. Smith reportedly requested emergency medical services and a glass methamphetamine pipe was found in his possession. Bond $1,000.
* Joseph Picklo, 53, of South Stonebrook Drive, Homosassa, at 12:49 a.m. July 3 on an active North Umberland, Pennsylvania, warrant for being a fugitive from justice stemming from an original charge of failure to appear. Bond was denied.
* Kenneth Wagner, 34, of East Lake Park Drive, Hernando, at 8:14 p.m. July 2 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of lewd and lascivious sexual battery.
* Tamara Jury, 35, of Old Floral City Road, Inverness, at 5:46 p.m. July 2 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from original charges of principle to manufacturing methamphetamine with a child present and possession of listed chemical with child present.
* Leanora Boysza, 45, of East Salmon Drive, Floral City, at 4:24 p.m. July 2 on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor charge of knowingly driving with a suspended license.
According to her arrest affidavit, Boysza was pulled over because the deputy had reason to believe she was driving with a suspended license. She reportedly consented to have her vehicle searched and approximately 0.5 grams of methamphetamine was found in her purse. Bond $2,500.
* Joseph Laurie, 46, of Homosassa, at 4:17 p.m. July 2 on a felony charge of battery on a person 65 years of age or older, and a misdemeanor charge of intentional unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to another person. Bond $2,500.
* Roger Lamkin, 34, of Inverness, at 4:40 p.m. July 2 on an active warrant for felony battery with a prior conviction for battery, and attempting to commit an offense prohibited by law.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
n A vehicle burglary was reported at 11:38 a.m. Wednesday, July 2, in the 3300 block of S. Dover Terrace, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 10:14 a.m. Wednesday, July 2, in the 400 block of W. Roosevelt Blvd., Beverly Hills.
* A petit theft was reported at 1:07 p.m. July 2 in the 2400 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 2:48 p.m. July 2 in the 1800 block of E. Evelyn St., Hernando.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 3:45 p.m. July 2 in the 6600 block of W. Renee Lane, Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 6:51 p.m. July 2 in the 200 block of S. U.S. 41, Inverness.
* A vandalism was reported at 8:44 a.m. Wednesday, July 2, in the 500 block of W. Lake Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills.