- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* George Steele Jr., 18, of West Rum Place, Citrus Springs, at 2:41 a.m. May 22 on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence. According to his arrest affidavit, Steele was pulled over because his taillights were not working. He was asked to perform field sobriety tests and did poorly. Tests of his breath showed his blood alcohol concentration was 0.054 percent and 0.054 percent. The legal limit is 0.08 percent. Bond $500.
Domestic battery arrest
* Mathew Horne, 26, of Inverness, at 10:52 p.m. May 21 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic assault.
* Robert Ferguson, 26, of South Tyler Street, Beverly Hills, at 1:55 a.m. May 21 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of trafficking in stolen property. Ferguson reportedly violated his probation by being arrested for driving under the influence, tampering with a witness and knowingly driving with a suspended license.
* Mary Mann, 26, of West Pinto Loop, Beverly Hills, at 11:12 a.m. May 21 on an active Alachua County warrant for one count of felony arson to a structure with people present and one count of felony burglary to a dwelling with damages. Bond $100,000.
* James Shye Jr., 28, of West Sasser Street, Homosassa, at 1:37 p.m. May 21 on three active warrants for felony violation of probation stemming from the original charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of oxycodone, possession of valium, interfering with child custody of a minor, and carrying a concealed firearm.
* Denver Naylor, 20, of West Parkville Street, Lecanto, at 1:36 p.m. May 21 on an active warrant for criminal mischief and felony failure to appear regarding and original charge of grand theft.
* Kendall Hopkins, 19, of Lecanto, at 2:08 p.m. May 21 on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill and felony battery. He was also charged with felony violation of probation.
* John Padilla, 50, of West Otter Street, Homosassa, at 12:46 a.m. May 22 on a felony charge of retail petit theft as a second offense According to his arrest affidavit, Padilla is accused of shoplifting a large beef tenderloin, valued at $110, along with two ceramic knives, valued at $20 each, from the Crystal River area Publix. Bond $1,000.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A residential burglary was reported at 10:03 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, in the 6000 block of E. Elgin Lane, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 6:52 a.m. Wednesday, May 21, in the 11500 block of E. Salmon Drive, Floral City.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 8:33 a.m. May 21 in the 2100 block of N. Crabapple Terrace, Lecanto.
* A petit theft was reported at 2:32 p.m. May 21 in the 3300 block of N. Carl G. Rose Highway, Hernando.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 3:38 p.m. May 21 in the 7100 block of W. Otter St., Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 8:44 p.m. May 21 in the 6300 block of W. Sunrise Lane, Homosassa.
* A petit theft was reported at 9:16 p.m. May 21 in the 6700 block of W. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Crystal River.
* A vandalism was reported at 8:43 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, at Oak Hollow Drive, Beverly Hills.