- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* Robert Ferguson, 26, of Beverly Hills, at 9:34 p.m. May 20 on a felony charge of tampering with a witness or victim and misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence, DUI with damage to property, and knowingly driving with a suspended license. Bond $6,500.
* Robert Alberts, 61, of South Shoreacres Point, Floral City, at 1:32 a.m. May 21 on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence. According to his arrest affidavit, Alberts was pulled over for speeding. He was asked to perform field sobriety tests and did poorly. Tests of his breath showed his blood alcohol concentration was 0.171 percent and 0.164 percent. The legal limit is 0.08 percent. Bond $500.
* Melissa Samplesbarnes, 43, of West Dellwood Street, Citrus Springs, at 5:42 p.m. May 15 on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence. According to her arrest affidavit, a deputy spoke to Samplesbarnes while she was at a residence and informed her she was extremely intoxicated and should not drive. The deputy reportedly spotted her driving a short time later and pulled her over. She was asked to perform field sobriety tests and did poorly, and refused breath tests to determine her blood alcohol concentration. Bond $500.
* Virginia Ball, 61, of Crystal River, at 9:18 a.m. May 20 on felony charges of resisting an officer with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer, along with misdemeanor trespassing. According to her arrest affidavit, Ball was trespassed from the Bell Villa Motel when she reportedly became verbally abusive with other tenants. She is accused of spitting on a deputy, breaking his sunglasses and watch and scratching him while he was attempting to remove her from the motel. Bond $10,500.
* Brodrick Houston, 25, of West Monroe Street, Inverness, at 1:06 p.m. May 20 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of battery.
* Jeremy Borrego, 21, of West Fairoak Court, Crystal River, at 4:25 p.m. May 20 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of three counts of burglary. Borrego was already incarcerated at the Citrus County Detention Facility at the time of his arrest.
* Casey Hale, 27, of South Enright Terrace, Homosassa, at 3:03 p.m. May 20 on felony charges of burglary, grand theft, trafficking in stolen property and false verification of ownership to a pawn broker. According to her arrest affidavit, Hale is accused of stealing items from the victim’s home and vehicle and then pawning the items. A list of the stolen items includes a 1913 16-gauge Winchester single barrel shotgun, a chainsaw, two nail guns, a car stereo, a cellphone, an outboard motor, a Fossil watch and an amplifier, with a total value of approximately $3,017. Bond $60,000.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A vehicle burglary was reported at 12:02 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, in the 1600 block of E. Manko Drive, Hernando.
* A residential burglary was reported at 3:17 p.m. May 20 in the 2900 block of Van Buren St., Inverness.
* A petit theft was reported at 7:46 a.m. Tuesday, May 20, in the 4400 block of S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 8:33 a.m. May 20 in the 3800 W. Educational Path, Lecanto.
* A grand theft was reported at 10:48 a.m. May 20 in the 10200 block of E. Pike Drive, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 1:25 p.m. May 20 in the 30 block of S. Desoto St., Beverly Hills.
* A petit theft was reported at 3 p.m. May 20 in the 300 block of N. Suncoast Blvd., Crystal River.
* A grand theft was reported at 3:02 p.m. May 20 in the 100 block of S.E. Valare Lane, Crystal River.
* A petit theft was reported at 3:15 p.m. May 20 in the 2500 block of Hugo St., Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 4:36 p.m. May 20 in the 1600 block of S. Iroquois Ave., Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 6:52 a.m. Wednesday, May 21, in the 11000 block of E. Salmon Drive, Floral City.
* A vandalism was reported at 12:46 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, in the 2500 block of W. Citrus Springs Blvd., Dunnellon.