- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Domestic battery arrest
* Emerald Smith, 25, of Crystal River, at 6:07 p.m.
April 14 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery and a felony charge of escape.
* Kristin McCrady, 26, of West Church Lane, Lecanto, at 10:45 a.m. April 15 on a felony charge of uttering forged bills or checks. According to her arrest affidavit, McCrady is accused of passing two counterfeit $20 bills to the Crystal River Pizza Hut. She reportedly ordered pizza for delivery and knowingly gave the driver the counterfeit bills as payment. Bond $2,000.
* Alina Estet, 26, of Nantucket Lane, Weeki Wachee, at 2:48 p.m. April 15 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of being a drug offender. According to her arrest affidavit, Estet was arrested in Hernando County and transported to the Citrus County Detention Facility.
* Jacqueline Hoover, 23, of Balboa Avenue, Inverness, at 11:50 p.m. April 15 on an active warrant for felony grand theft. Bond $2,000.
* Veronica Garcia, 35, of West Justin Court, Homosassa, at 1:50 p.m. April 15 on a misdemeanor charge of petit theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Garcia is accused of shoplifting DVDs, clothes and a tote, with a total value of $89.45, from the Lecanto Walmart. Bond $500.
* Charles Dowd, 26, of Beverly Hills Boulevard, Beverly Hills, at 4:55 p.m. April 15 on a misdemeanor charge of petit theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Dowd is accused of shoplifting two windshield wiper blades, a telephone case, and cologne from the Lecanto Walmart. Bond $500.
* Jerry Hilton, 43, at 6:05 p.m. April 15 on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly intoxication. According to his arrest affidavit, Hilton is accused of refusing to leave the Inverness Walmart property after being asked to do so six times. He reportedly was sleeping underneath an oak tree on the property and had urinated in public. Bond $150.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A petit theft was reported at 12:40 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, in the 1900 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Lecanto.
* A petit theft was reported at 4:08 p.m. April 15 in the 1900 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Lecanto.
* A grand theft was reported at 5:43 p.m. April 15 in the 8500 block of W. Drew Court, Homosassa.
* A grand theft was reported at 7:52 p.m. April 15 in the 12000 block of S. Florida Ave., Floral City.
* A grand theft was reported at 3:59 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, in the 6000 block of N. Velveteen Point, Dunnellon.