- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* Lester Thomas Jr., 49, of South Marsha Terrace, Homosassa, at 3:35 p.m. Jan. 30 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from original charges of possession of a firearm by a felon, organized fraud, dealing in stolen property, grand theft and false verification of ownership to a pawn broker. According to his arrest affidavit, Thomas was already incarcerated at the Citrus County Detention Facility at the time of his arrest. Bond was denied.
* Devon Smith, 19, of East Mercury Street, Inverness, at 3:15 p.m. Jan. 30 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of burglary of a structure. Bond was denied.
* Candice Shade, 30, of West Roadrunner Court, Homosassa, at 9:13 p.m. Jan. 30 on misdemeanor charges of drug paraphernalia and unknowingly driving while license was suspended. According to her arrest affidavit, Shade was stopped for failing to maintain a single lane of traffic. A black digital scale was found in her possession, and a white powdery substance on top of the scale tested positive for cocaine. Bond $1,000.
* Dale Austin, 50, of West Green Acres Street, Homosassa, at 9:45 p.m. Jan. 30 on a felony charge of burglary to an unoccupied structure and misdemeanor charges of petit theft and resisting an officer without violence. According to his arrest affidavit, Austin is accused of breaking into a victim’s home and taking items from a safe, including $20 in cash. During questioning, Austin reportedly gave a false name. Bond was denied.
* Benjamin Dick, 23, of Crystal River, at 3:30 a.m. Jan. 31 on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly intoxication. According to his arrest affidavit, Dick is accused of being involved in a verbal disturbance at the Racetrac in Crystal River. Bond $150.
* Lawrence Heater III, 45, of South Trellis Drive, Homosassa, at 6 a.m. Jan. 31 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of two counts of battery. According to his arrest affidavit, Heater was being detained at the Pasco County Detention Facility at the time of his arrest. He was then transported to the Citrus County Detention Facility. Bond was denied.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A vehicle burglary was reported at 8:39 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, in the 3600 block of N. Laurelwood Loop, Beverly Hills.
* A commercial burglary was reported at 11:07 a.m. Jan. 30 in the 600 block of Oak St., Inverness.
* A residential burglary was reported at 5:47 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 6200 block of S. Gross Ave., Homosassa.
* An auto theft was reported at 7:06 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, in the 9100 block of E. Point O’Woods Drive, Inverness.
* An auto theft was reported at 9:49 a.m. Jan. 30 in the 6000 block of W. Grant St., Homosassa.
* A petit theft was reported at 1:18 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 2100 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 4:56 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 3600 block of E. Squaw Valley Drive, Hernando.
* A grand theft was reported at 4:57 p.m. Jan. 30 in the 5800 block of W. Oaklawn St., Homosassa.
* A vandalism was reported at 12:10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, in the 5500 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Beverly Hills.