- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Domestic battery arrests
* Robert Huntoon Jr., 31, of Hernando, at 2:32 a.m. Jan. 29 on a felony charge of domestic battery by strangulation. He was also charged with aggravated assault with the intent to commit a felony, and felony violation of probation. Bond was denied.
* Jenessa Vicari, 28, of South Oakview Avenue, Floral City, at 11:42 a.m. Jan. 28 on an active Hillsborough County warrant for one count of felony organized fraud, one count of felony grand theft, and five counts of uttering a forged document. Bond $16,000.
* Jamie Slack, 33, of North Appalachian Terrace, Crystal River, at 1:58 p.m. Jan. 28 on a felony charge of grand theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Slack is accused of stealing a total of $740 in cash from the Beverly Hills Winn-Dixie on multiple dates between Nov. 1 and Jan. 25. Bond $2,000.
* Jessica Brown, 26, of Van Buren Street, Inverness, at 2:57 p.m. Jan. 28 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of dealing in stolen property. Bond was denied.
* Judy Franklin, 46, of Poplar Street, Inverness, at 4:19 p.m. Jan. 28 on a misdemeanor charge of retail petit theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Franklin is accused of shoplifting three pair of Levi ‘s men’s jeans and two pair of men’s shorts, valued at $97.70, from the Inverness Walmart. Bond $250.
* Kevin Carver, 26, of West Cyrus Street, Crystal River, at 6:07 p.m. Jan. 28 on an active warrant for a felony charge of arson. Bond $5,000.
* Quillen Howard III, 19, of South Woodside Terrace, Homosassa, and Keith McKenzie, 18, of West Heather Court, Homosassa at 4:19 p.m. Jan. 28 on felony charges of grand theft. According to their arrest affidavits, the men are accused of stealing a scrap metal trailer, scrap metal, and camping items valued at $400 from the victim’s home in Lecanto. Bond $3,000.
* Joshua Pay, 30, of South Boulevard, Inverness, at 10:14 p.m. Jan. 28 on a misdemeanor charge of drug paraphernalia. According to his arrest affidavit, three needles and a spoon were discovered during a routine traffic stop. Bond $500.
* Roberta Damron, 59, of East Squaw Valley Drive, Hernando, at 9:50 p.m. Jan. 28 on an active Buchanan County, Mo., warrant for felony charges of theft and possession of a controlled substance, making her a fugitive from justice. Bond was denied.
* Sidney Storey III, 32, of West Ozello Trail, Crystal River, at 10:49 p.m. Jan. 28 on felony charges of failing to comply with sex offender laws, and sex offender failing to report name and address change within 48 hours. According to his arrest affidavit, Storey is accused of providing a false address upon registering as a sex offender and failing to provide the correct address within 48 hours. Bond $40,000..
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A residential burglary was reported at 1:12 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, in the 6000 block of S. Canna Lily Ave., Homosassa.
* A commercial burglary was reported at 4:21 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 2300 block of N. U.S. 41, Inverness.
* A residential burglary was reported at 10:22 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 3300 block of S. Canadian Way, Homosassa.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 8:37 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, in the 3300 block of W. Kevin Lane, Lecanto.
* A grand theft was reported at 12:19 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 9600 block of W. Plantation Lane, Crystal River.
* A grand theft was reported at 12:55 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 3500 block of N. Lecanto Highway, Beverly Hills.
* A grand theft was reported at 2:45 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 1400 block of W. High Acres St., Lecanto.
* A petit theft was reported at 3:06 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 300 block of N. Suncoast Blvd., Crystal River.
* A petit theft was reported at 3:17 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 2400 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 5:47 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 200 block of S. U.S. 41, Inverness.