- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* Gordon McCarson III, 25, of East Peace Court, Inverness, at 2:35 a.m. Dec. 19 on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence. According to his arrest affidavit, McCarson is accused of hitting a pedestrian with his vehicle in the parking lot of Griffs. He was asked to perform field sobriety tests and did poorly. Tests of his breath showed his blood alcohol concentration was 0.132 percent and 0.141 percent. The legal limit is 0.08 percent. Bond $500.
* Lynard Summerlin, 33, of Northeast Sixth Court, Crystal River, at 9:25 a.m. Dec. 17 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of driving while his license was suspended. Bond was denied.
* Debra Singh, 43, of West Keller Street, Hernando, at 9:45 a.m. Dec. 17 on felony charges of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud or deception. According to her arrest affidavit, Singh is accused of obtaining two prescriptions by falsely calling them in under a doctor’s name. She was released on her own recognizance.
* Joseph Hoard, 19, of South East Street, Lecanto, at 12:28 p.m. Dec. 17 on three counts of felony burglary to an unoccupied conveyance. According to his arrest affidavit, Hoard is accused of breaking into multiple vehicles and stealing a pair of shoes and other small items. He was released on his own recognizance.
* Caleb Huggins, 35, of West Woodland Place, Homosassa, at 6:52 p.m. Dec. 17 on a misdemeanor charge of retail petit theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Huggins is accused of shoplifting clothing and other miscellaneous items, valued at $119.28, from the Lecanto Walmart. Bond $250.
* Robert Slone III, 33, of North Ranch Hand Avenue, Dunnellon, at 8:09 p.m. Dec. 17 on an active Marion County warrant for failure to appear for jury selection and retail petit theft. Bond $2,000.
* Carl Vanhorn, 45, of South Monroe Street, Beverly Hills, at 1:30 a.m. Dec. 18 on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance. According to his arrest affidavit, Vanhorn was stopped by deputies for having an open container of beer in public. He is accused of being in possession of unprescribed medication, specifically one Ambien pill, one Xanax pill, and one morphine pill. Bond $5,000.
* Gail Criss, 42, of South Davis Street, Beverly Hills, at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 18 on an active warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from original charges of organized theft of property, credit card fraud, and burglary to an occupied dwelling or conveyance. Bond was denied.
* Robert Tock, 42, of West McKinley Street, Homosassa, at 12:23 a.m. Dec. 18 on felony charges of trafficking in stolen property and grand theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Tock is accused of stealing a silver Stanley Cup championship ring, valued at $2,000, on Sept. 20. Tock was arrested on Dec. 8 on unrelated charges and the championship ring was found in his possession. He also faces additional charges of two felony counts of trafficking in stolen goods and two felony counts of grand theft in regards to a stolen Remington .308 caliber rifle with scope, valued at $500, and a Beretta automatic 12 gauge shotgun, valued at $1,200. Bond $21,000.
* Jodie Voland, 36, of West Sunripe Loop, Crystal River, at 3:08 p.m. Dec. 18 on a misdemeanor charge of trespass after warning. According to her arrest affidavit, Voland is accused of trespassing at the Lecanto Walmart after already being trespassed from the site on Aug. 24. Bond $250.
* Mary Johnson, 36, of South Leonard Terrace, Inverness, at 3:52 p.m. Dec. 18 on a felony charge of grand theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Johnson is accused of shoplifting a Nintendo, five video games, a pair of boots, two pairs of earrings, a handbag, and a Mountain Dew soda, with a total value of $328.59, from the Inverness Kmart, where she was employed. Bond $2,000.
* Rufus Hoyt, 32, of South Rock Crusher Road, Homosassa, at 3:40 p.m. Dec. 18 on felony charges of grand theft, burglary to a conveyance, and possession of a controlled substance, along with a misdemeanor charge of petit theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Hoyt is accused of burglarizing a vehicle in the Lecanto Walmart parking lot and taking a Vera Bradley wallet containing $120 in cash, two Busch Garden tickets valued at $160, and another wallet containing a vial of insulin, two insulin syringes, and a Regions Bank card. When arrested, Hoyt was in possession of unprescribed pills identified as morphine and Xanax. Bond $12,500.
* Madison Barger, 24, of South Luray Terrace, Inverness, at 9:03 p.m. Dec. 18 on an active warrant for aggravated battery with use of a deadly weapon. Bond $5,000.