- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* John Burns III, 50, of North Conant Avenue, Crystal River, at 12:42 a.m. Sunday on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence with property damage and driving under the influence. According to his arrest affidavit, he was arrested following a traffic accident involving a parked, disabled vehicle with its lights off at West State Road 44 and County Road 491. Burns’ vehicle reportedly struck the back of the parked vehicle, which the driver and others had been attempting to jump-start. Burns, who had admitted to consuming a beer earlier in the evening, said he did not see the stopped vehicle, and said the accident was not his fault. A law enforcement officer reported Burns smelled of alcohol. He refused to submit to a test of his breath. Bond $1,000.
Domestic battery arrest
* Taylor Chason, 18, of Homosassa, at 1:11 a.m. Sunday on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. No bond.
* Joey Thrasher, 34, of South Adams Street, Beverly Hills, at 2:37 a.m. Sunday on a misdemeanor charge of retail petit theft and a warrant for failure to appear in court for an original misdemeanor charge. Bond $2,250.
* Joseph Petralia, 45, of Homosassa, at 4:20 p.m. Sunday on felony charges of possession of a controlled substance and tampering with evidence and a misdemeanor charge of battery. Bond $4,500.
* Bambi Wilmot, 33, of South Knobhill Terrace, Homosassa, at 9:37 a.m. Monday on a Citrus County warrant for a felony charge of perjury. Bond $2,000.
* Michael Kinder, 27, of East Moonrise Lane, Floral City, at 9:29 a.m. Monday on a Citrus County warrant for trafficking or endeavoring to traffic in stolen property. Bond $15,000.
* Taylor Bowman, 18, of South Forte Evans Point, Homosassa, at 2:17 p.m. Monday on a Citrus County warrant for a misdemeanor charge of dumping litter. Bond $500.
* Seth Kirk, 22, of West Beaumont Lane, Homosassa, at 11:51 a.m. Monday on felony charges of grand theft and burglary of an unoccupied structure and violation of probation on an original felony charge of burglary. According to his arrest affidavit, he is accused of burglarizing a shed on West Glenbrook Street in Homosassa and taking a weed-eater, pressure washer and chainsaw. No bond.
* A larceny petit theft was reported at 8:49 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Inverness.
* A petit theft was reported at 1:31 p.m. Dec. 11 in the 300 block of N. Suncoast Blvd., Crystal River.
* A grand theft was reported at 1:03 a.m. Dec. 12 in the 9000 block of N. Alpinia Drive, Dunnellon.
* A petit theft was reported at 2:26 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, in the 4700 block of W. Foxhill Lane, Homosassa.