- Special Sections
- Public Notices
* William Jones, 57, of West Laredo Drive, Citrus Springs, at 10:43 p.m. Jan. 14 on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence. According to his arrest affidavit, Jones was asked to perform field sobriety tests and did poorly. He refused tests of his blood alcohol concentration. Bond $500.
* Megan Maier, 31, of South Suncoast Boulevard, Homosassa, at 12:01 p.m. Jan. 14 on felony charges of trafficking in stolen property, grand theft, and false verification of ownership to a pawnbroker. According to her arrest affidavit, Maier is accused of stealing a Rolex watch valued at $20,000 from a home she was hired to clean. She reportedly pawned the watch for $6,500 at a pawn shop. Bond $2,500.
* Zachary Malecky, 20, of East Cermak Street, Hernando, at 1:21 p.m. Jan. 14 on a felony charge of trafficking in stolen property. According to his arrest affidavit, Malecky is accused of pawning a ring that did not belong to him. He reportedly found the ring in a bowl while moving his grandmother from the victim’s residence. He was released on his own recognizance.
* Jennifer Williams, 30, of South Pendant Point, Floral City, at 2:50 p.m. Jan. 14 on a misdemeanor charge of retail petit theft. According to her arrest affidavit, Williams is accused of shoplifting a watch valued at $8 from the Family Dollar Store. She was also charged with felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of grand theft. Bond was denied.
* Ruben Valdez, 54, of North Citrus Springs Boulevard, Citrus Springs, at 7:36 p.m. Jan. 14 on an active Marion County warrant for felony charges of grand theft and burglary. Bond $7,000.
* Chaila Thomas, 18, of Homosassa, at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 14 on a felony charge of robbery by sudden snatching. Bond $10,000.
* Jessica Yates, 23, of Homosassa, at 11 p.m. Jan. 14 on a misdemeanor charge of petit theft. Bond $250.
* Mercedes Brown, 33, of South Dogwood Terrace, Inverness, at 3:20 a.m. Jan. 15 on a misdemeanor charge of trespassing in an occupied structure. According to her arrest affidavit, Brown is accused of entering the home of a known acquaintance in the middle of the night without permission and whispering in the victim’s ear. Bond $500.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A residential burglary was reported at 12:09 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, in the 600 block of Edgewater Drive, Inverness.
* A commercial burglary was reported at 4:57 p.m. an. 14 in the 5500 block of E. Tangelo Lane, Inverness.
* A commercial burglary was reported at 10:59 p.m. Jan. 14 in the 3600 block of S. Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa.