- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Domestic battery arrests
* Travis Slone, 24, of Dunnellon, at 4:58 p.m. Dec. 30 on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. No bond.
* Dustin Spangler, 27, of East Lucy Court, Hernando, at 8:22 a.m. Dec. 30 on felony charges of grand theft and burglary to an unoccupied residence. According to his arrest affidavit, Spangler is accused of breaking into a Hernando home on Nov. 16, and stealing two harmonicas and a Samsung cellular telephone. Bond $7,000.
* Nichole McBride, 19, of South Bea Avenue, Inverness, at 8:22 a.m. Dec. 30 on felony charges of false verification of ownership to a pawn broker and burglary to an unoccupied residence, along with a misdemeanor charge of petit theft. According to her arrest affidavit, McBride is accused of breaking into a Hernando home and stealing a violin then pawning it at a local pawn shop. Bond $7,500.
* Lonnie Chester Jr., 60, of Inverness, at 2:04 p.m. Dec. 30 on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill. No bond.
* John Padilla, 49, of West Otter Street, Homosassa, at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 30 on felony retail theft charge. He also faces misdemeanor charges of driving while his license was suspended and attaching a tag to a vehicle not assigned to it. According to his arrest affidavit, Padilla is accused of shoplifting four large pieces of meat, totaling $323.24, from the Homosassa Winn Dixie. Bond $1,500.
* Jonathan Smith, 33, of Pleasant Grove Road, Inverness, at 2:35 a.m. Dec. 31 on felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of grand theft. According to his arrest affidavit, Smith was under house and left his home with a family member in reference to a dispute. Bond was denied.
* Brittany Isbell, 20, of East Chaparral Lane, Hernando, at 3:29 a.m. Dec. 31 on an active Volusia County warrant for felony violation of probation stemming from an original charge of resisting an officer with violence. Bond was denied.
* Jessica Anders, 30, of East Keepsake Lane, Hernando, at 3:21 a.m. Dec. 31 on misdemeanor charges of resisting an officer without violence and knowingly driving while license was suspended or revoked. According to her arrest affidavit, Anders was stopped for having an expired tag and the deputy notified her that her license had been suspended. After receiving citations for an expired tag and suspended license, the deputy informed her she could no longer drive and needed someone to pick her up. The deputy then observed her pulling out of a gas station moments later. When asked to exit her vehicle during the second stop, Anders reportedly refused to comply, attempting to restart her vehicle and drive away. Bond $1,000.
Citrus County Sheriff’s Office
* A grand theft was reported at 1:08 p.m. Dec. 28 in the 10400 block of S. Le Baron Drive, Homosassa.
* An auto theft was reported at 4:09 p.m. Dec. 28 in the 200 block of W. Herndon St., Hernando.
* A petit theft was reported at 5:38 p.m. Dec. 28 in the 2400 block of E. Gulf-to-Lake Highway, Inverness.
* A grand theft was reported at 8:39 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, in the 1200 block of N. Castleland Terrace, Lecanto.
* A grand theft was reported at 1:36 p.m. Dec. 29 in the 7000 block of S. Aloysia Ave., Floral City.