- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Editor’s note: The Chronicle is examining the Port Citrus project each Sunday in February. The first segment deals with plans for a “Port Citrus” from the 1960s.
* Original port plans along the Cross Florida Barge Canal
* Port Putnam was created in 1967 and still operates today
* The 1969 Port Citrus feasibility study
SUNDAY, FEB. 12
* Port Citrus so far: “Trans-sea lifters” to Port Authority
* Public perception of the port project
* Role of surrounding counties
* Panama Canal expansion impact on shipping
SUNDAY, FEB. 19
* Other seaports in Florida
* How Citrus fits into the ports picture
* Impact of one port in its community
SUNDAY, FEB. 26
* Logistics of Port Citrus site: road, rail, water
* Fit with “Hollinswood Harbor”?
* Reaction from officials, residents
* What’s next for Port Citrus?